Topics of Conversation

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Waking Gardens and A New Cake!

Good evening Houston Brides and Wedding Junkies

This afternoon I visited one of my favorite gardens in the Houston-area: Mercer Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.

Over the past eight years, I have seen countless brides and couples taking engagement and wedding gown portraits there. My sisters and I had our own portraits made there in the various gardens and settings they contain.

New life is literally bursting out of every plant- the most beautiful were the saucer magnolias (tulip trees). As my mom and I enjoyed the afternoon, we found the season's first bluebonnets in bloom and walked through the new wall of water display...they are still working on the plants around it but it makes a stunning backdrop for a photo!

I just thought I would share the place with you. (For those of you addicted to exercise, there are miles of safely marked, beautiful trails in and around the arboretum as well!)


Bring on the Cake!
Today when I checked the scroll of blogs I follow, one of the bloggers had posted about beautiful ombre wedding cakes.

I didn't know what ombre was, so I went to check out the pictures. Here's the definition:

Ombre:
shaded or graduated in tone: said of a color

Here are her pictures: Postcards and Pretties: {cakes} I loved them!

Once you look at her beautiful pictures, click here to look at my favorite of her featured cake artists: Maggie Austin Cake.

Isn't Spring a beautiful time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment